– 1 kg chicken
– 250 gms fresh mushrooms
For the Sauce:
– 2 onions
– 30 garlic cloves
– 2 tsp black pepper powder
– 1 tsp red chilli powder
– 2 tbsp tomato puree
– 2 tbsp vinegar
– 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
– 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
– 2 tbsp cornflour
– 2 tbsp red pepper sauce
– 2 tbsp soya sauce
– 1 tsp worchesterchire sauce
– Start on the sauce while it cooks. The chicken has to be 3/4 cooked before adding the sauce.
– Fry the onion in a little oil, till light brown.
– Stir together the brown sugar, corn syrup, cornflour and chilli powder, and then add to the onions.
– Add 1/2 cup of water and blend well.
– Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the orange juice.
– Simmer on a low flame for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
– Stir in the orange juice now and boil.
– Once the sauce is to the consistancy you desire, you can now pour it over the chicken and mushrooms in the last quarter of the cooking time, and mix it well so that it covers every part of the chicken.
– If the sauce is excess, it can be served as it is, for individual helpings.